A Stamford, Conn., official is rejecting allegations by an attorney for the father of three girls killed in a Christmas morning house fire that the Connecticut city failed to ensure safe conditions as the house was being renovated.
Richard Emery, the attorney for Matthew Badger, notified the city Friday that he plans to sue Stamford. Badger’s daughters, 9-year-old Lily and 7-year-old twins Sarah and Grace, and the girls’ grandparents, Lomer and Pauline Johnson, were killed in the fire at the girls’ mother’s house.
The notice says Stamford failed to require the installation of working smoke detectors or a functional fire alarm system or safe living conditions.
Joseph Capalbo, the city’s director of legal affairs, says the allegations are baseless and without merit.
The fire was blamed on discarded fireplace ashes.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.