Metro has agreed to settle a lawsuit against its insurance broker that stemmed from the 2009 red line crash in Washington, D.C. that killed nine people.
After the crash, Metro sued insurance broker Aon, which put together the insurance that covers Metro’s liability in accidents. Metro claimed Aon failed to advise it about vulnerabilities in its coverage. A Metro spokeswoman said at the time that the agency believed if Aon had done its job correctly Metro would have been able to avoid $9 million in expenses. The lawsuit asked for more than $9 million.
On Monday, both sides asked a judge to dismiss the case. Metro spokesman Dan Stessel confirmed the case had been settled but said he could not comment on the details.
A spokesman for Aon, David Prosperi, declined to comment.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
New York Homes Most Exposed to Hurricane Risk, Beating Miami
Verisk Report Shows Drop in US Reconstruction Costs in 2Q
The Big Dog Is Off the Tech Porch: State Farm as ‘Next Gen Good Neighbor’
Typhoon Season in Northwest Pacific Seen Most Active in a Decade