State, federal, local and voluntary agencies are providing assistance to South Carolina families and individuals who suffered damage from the multiple storms that began with Hurricane Frances on Sept. 6 and continued through Oct. 11. Residents with storm damage must apply for assistance by Dec. 6. SBA loan applications must also be in by that date.
Recovery services summary as of 8 a.m., Friday, Nov. 12, 2004:
* 6,785 individuals have called the FEMA toll free registration number 800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY: 800-462-7585. Individuals and business owners should call to register for disaster related state and federal assistance.
* Toll free registration phone line hours are 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week.
* The final day to register for disaster assistance is Dec. 6, 2004.
* $4,225,670 in grants has been disbursed to residents in South Carolina through the Individuals and Households Program.
* $192,900 in loans has been approved by the Small Business Administration (SBA) to date.
* 88% of home inspections have been completed. There are 21 inspectors in the field.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.