A 16-year-old Alabama student allegedly dropped a cigarette butt into a trash can filled with mops in a janitor’s closet at Jackson High School last week. A small fire ensued, but the school’s principal extinguished the fire.
“No one was in any danger,” said Acting State Fire Marshal Richard Montgomery. “The fire did not proceed to the point where the sprinkler system would kick in. It was a small fire.”
The 16-year-old was arrested, but is not expected to be charged with a crime because the fire was deemed to be accidental and no property damage was done except to the mops.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.