Ala. Community Center Destroyed in Fire

January 16, 2004

Nine Alabama fire departments were unable to save the Lillian Community Center, which was destroyed in a fire early last Wednesday morning.

Acting State Fire Marshal Richard Montgomery said his office had been requested to assist local officials in the investigation.

“Every indication to this point leads us to believe that this was an accidental fire that began in the attic of the building,” Montgomery said. “The electrical wiring appears to be the cause of the fire, but we will continue our investigation.”

No total amount of damages to the facility has been released.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.