Energi Launches Property & Casualty Programs in Parts of Western and Atlantic Canada
Energi of Canada announced the launch of its property & casualty programs for Energy business in parts of Western and Atlantic Canada. The new Energy programs provide unique risk management solutions and insurance offerings for energy related risks in the following segments: fuel distribution, fuel transportation, energy contractors, renewable energy and alternative energy solutions.
Energi’s programs in Canada will be offered only to companies who exhibit a commitment to loss prevention and who implement industry best practices. The program will first be offered in Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, and will expand to other provinces in the coming months.
Energi of Canada is a subsidiary and the international program arm of Energi, a provider of specialized insurance programs to more than 1,000 energy companies in the United States.
HSB Offers Personal Lines Cyber Coverage for Consumers
Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB), part of Munich Re, announced a personal lines cyber insurance program for consumers, HSB Home Cyber Protection, which offers services for computer attacks, cyber extortion, online fraud and the breach of personal information involving smart phones, computers and connected home devices.
As more consumers adapt to The Internet of Things and utilize smart home equipment/connect devices, there is a great need to keep these devices secure from cyber criminals. HSB Home Cyber Protection offers comprehensive coverage including:
- Computer Attack to remove malware and reprogram computers and tablets, Wi-Fi routers or other Internet access points.
- Home Systems Attack restores devices connected to the Internet, including smart phones, thermostats, smart appliances and security and monitoring systems.
- Cyber Extortion with professional assistance on how to respond to a ransomware attack and payment of ransom when approved.
- Data Breach including forensic IT and legal reviews, notification and recovery services when private non-business data entrusted to an individual is lost, stolen or published.
- Online Fraud for losses due to identity theft, phishing schemes, illegal bank and credit card transfers, forgery, counterfeit currency and other deceptions.
Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study Launches 2016 Claims Operational Survey
The Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study’s 2016 claims leader survey is now underway, advancing its collaborative investigation of issues most impacting claims organizations today.
Building on its research with over 700 claims leaders and a 70-question survey from prior years, the annual study has launched a new condensed survey that will probe deeper into select operational challenges/strategies. This will provide greater insights into a sharp set of issues, allowing Rising Medical Solutions’ 2016 study to more fully engage in progressive problem solving in the following areas:
- Prioritizing Core Competencies
- Claims Outcomes Management
- Measuring Best Practices
- Incentivizing Operational Excellence
- Training & Retaining Staff
- Impact of Technology & Data
- Medical Performance Management
- Impact of Regulatory Compliance & Healthcare Policy
“The study’s direction continues to be guided by our expert Advisory Council and is driven by research for, and with, claims leaders so it stays grounded in functional application,” says Rachel Fikes, VP and study program director at Rising Medical Solutions.
The study’s principal researcher, Denise Algire, adds “Our new, compact survey facilitates a deeper exploration of areas that claims leaders tell us will be most useful in the coming years, and allows us to provide practical steps to address some of the industry’s biggest operational obstacles and opportunities.”
The confidential survey will continue throughout June, and is open to management and executive-level leaders who oversee workers’ compensation claims operations for organizations such as insurance carriers, employers, third party administrators, government entities, and risk pools. Claims leaders who take the survey will receive a copy of the 2016 Study Report. Claims leaders who want to participate in the Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study can copy and paste this web address in their browser: https://work-comp-benchmark-study-2016.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e37by688Y4jxRkx?i=xg
The Study Report will be published in the Fall 2016.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.