carbon monoxide News

Nation’s Police Agencies Check Ford SUVs for Carbon Monoxide Leaks

Southwest Florida law enforcement agencies are checking Ford SUVs in their vehicle fleets to keep officers safe from carbon monoxide leaks. So far, no complaints of sickness have been submitted sheriff’s offices in Southwest Florida, but law enforcement is checking …

Safety Agency Expands Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Probe

The U.S. government’s auto safety agency has expanded an investigation into complaints of exhaust fumes inside Ford Explorer SUVs, adding two model years and nearly 400,000 vehicles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Thursday night that the probe now …

Improperly Vented Propane Heater Blamed for 5 Deaths

State police are tentatively blaming an improperly vented propane heater as the cause of death for five people who likely succumbed to carbon monoxide fumes while asleep in a small Pennsylvania cabin. Trooper Angela Bieber at the state police barracks …

Up to 25 Injured by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Pennsylvania

Authorities are pleading with residents not to use generators or gas grills inside Philadelphia-area homes left without power by the icy weather. Robert Kagel, deputy director for emergency management in Chester County, told WCAU-TV on Thursday that 20 to 25 …

State Fines Western North Carolina Farm Where Worker Died

A western North Carolina farm where a worker died earlier this year faces an $8,400 fine from the state Labor Department. The Asheville Citizen-Times reported the department fined Norton Creek farms in Franklin for the death of Bobby Ammons on …

Medical Examiner Resigns in Wake of North Carolina Motel Death

A North Carolina medical examiner has resigned after investigators found out that he knew carbon monoxide killed a couple in a Boone motel a week before an 11-year-old boy died in the same room. The Charlotte Observer reported Saturday that …

Carbon Monoxide Sickens 7 Washington D.C. Construction Workers

A D.C. fire department official says seven construction workers were sickened by carbon monoxide and sent to area hospitals. Fire department spokesman Lon Walls say 10 people were affected by the fumes on Monday night as they worked at the …

Washington Carbon Monoxide Alarm Condition Added Jan. 1

A new requirement for carbon monoxide detectors in Washington homes takes effect on Jan. 1. State law has required the alarms in new construction beginning in 2011. The 2013 law requires the detectors in all existing residences, including apartments, condos, …

Michigan Lawsuit over Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Settled

A more than $2 million settlement has been accepted in the case of a Michigan man who was permanently disabled by carbon monoxide poisoning in Wisconsin. The Daily Telegram of Adrian reports 60-year-old Larry Brenke of Lenawee County will get …

Carbon Monoxide Sickens More Than 25 in Pennsylvania

Malfunctioning heaters are being blamed for high levels of carbon monoxide that sickened more than two dozen people at a Pennsylvania apartment building. Fire officials say five people had to be hospitalized after the odorless gas was detected Sunday inside …