Unattended Candles Blamed for Utah Apartment Fire

August 30, 2012

Fire investigators are blaming candles left burning on a second-story deck for a fire that destroyed six Utah apartments over the weekend.

Salt Lake City officials say the fire Sunday morning on West Snow Queen Drive also caused heavy smoke and water damage to about 10 other units. The building itself is three stories tall and has 24 units.

Fire crews remind residents to never leave candles burning unattended.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.