Virginia Beach, Va., fire officials say a generator caused a fire that broke out on a float during a holiday parade.
Media outlets report that no one on the Princess Anne Farm float was injured when the fire occurred around 6:45 p.m. Saturday.
Virginia Beach Fire Department battalion chief Kevin Pratz tells WAVY-TV that three Kellam High School students later reported breathing problems. Two were taken to a local hospital and the third was treated and released.
Pravetz says some of the firefighters who responded were participants in the parade. It took about 10 minutes to extinguish the fire.
The generator was in the back of a pickup truck that was pulling the float. Pravetz says the fire spread to combustible materials near the generator.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.