TV Dinner Sparks Utah Home Fire

October 17, 2013

Utah County deputies say a TV dinner is to blame for a fire that completely destroyed a house in Goshen.

Deputies say a 22-year-old mother put the meal in the microwave Monday and left the room, then heard the smoke detector going off.

Authorities say she got out of the home with her 22-month-old daughter, and was able to get some cars out of the way with the help of neighbors.

Fire crews from Goshen, Genola and Santaquin responded, but were unable to save the home. Damages are estimated at more than $120,000.

The state fire marshal is set to conduct an investigation.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.