Odor Causes Evacuation of Universal Studios Office

January 27, 2012

Los Angeles County firefighters have evacuated more than 400 people from a high-rise building at Universal Studios after reports of a possible refrigeration gas leak.

Fire Inspector Don Kunitomi says reports of a chlorine gas smell shortly before 12:30 p.m. Wednesday prompted the evacuation of a 15-story building housing studio executive offices.

About 100 firefighters and a hazardous materials unit are at the scene.

Kunitomi says there’s no gas cloud and no injuries have been reported.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.