1 Employee Treated for Smoke in Vegas, Nevada Casino Fire

October 11, 2011

Officials say a casino employee was treated for smoke inhalation after a weekend fire in a restaurant grease duct at a Las Vegas Strip resort.

A Clark County spokeswoman says firefighters quickly doused the fire a little before 9 a.m. Sunday at the Wynn Las Vegas resort, and damage was confined to a small mechanical room.

Clark County Fire Chief Bertral Washington credited the design of the mechanical system for containing the fire.

Patrons were evacuated from the Stratta restaurant and the casino sports book while firefighters vented smoke through a hotel skylight.

The restaurant quickly reopened, althought a pizza oven shut down due to the fire.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.