To enhance the services available to insurance producers and companies on its Web site, the the Idaho Department of Insurance is implementing a new licensing data base system known as Sircon for States. Beginning Sept. 18, 2007, there will be changes to the online licensing services, including more options for electronic transactions, the Department said.
Sircon’s Compliance Express offers optional fee-based services that include:
* License applications;
* Producer license renewals;
* Appointment, registration and termination processing with instant online confirmation;
* Producer real-time letters of certification;
* Producer address changes;
* Appointment, license and CE status, and other producer inquiries;
* Education services for providers and producers; and
* Consulting services to support appointments following company mergers and acquisitions.
For information concerning Idaho Department of Insurance online services available on Sircon, visit Sircon at: www.sircon.com/services/carrier/compliance_express.
The Department noted that during the conversion from the current system, it will not be able to print or issue insurance producer or agency licenses or process renewals from Sept. 7 through Sept. 18th 2007. At that time, the Department also will transition to a birth-month renewal. All Individual licenses renewed or reinstated after the go-live date of Sept. 18 will be converting to a birth-month renewal for the following renewal period. The next renewal date may be anywhere from 21 to 27 months from the date of the producer’s current expiration date and will fall within his or her birth month. Once converted, all subsequent renewals will be two years from the first birth-month renewal date. The amount of CE due for residents and the cost of renewal will not change with this transition. Agency licenses will retain their current renewal date.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.