Ala. Resident Dies in Fire; Spilled Kerosene Ignited

November 4, 2003

Tuscumbia, Alabama resident Herbert Cecil Daniel died last Friday night during a fire at his one story wood frame home.

The Tuscumbia Fire Department was called to the residence at 601 South LaFayette Street and found the sixty-eight year old victim sitting on the living room floor in front of a kerosene heater.

Investigators with the Tuscumbia Fire And Police Departments and the Alabama State Fire Marshals Office say the fire occurred at the kerosene heater after kerosene was apparently spilled on the floor while the heater was being filled. The spilled kerosene was apparently ignited by the heater.

No smoke detectors were found in the home during the investigation and total damages have not yet been released.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.