The Texas Workers’ Compensation Commission reported it approved the appointment of eight individuals to the Medical Advisory Committee during a public meeting on August 19. Six individuals were reappointed to a second term and two to a first term.
The committee advises the Commission’s Medical Review Division in the development and review of medical policies and guidelines. The committee has a total of 36 members, 18 primary and 18 alternate, representing the health care industry, the insurance industry, employers, employees, and the general public. Members are appointed by TWCC Commissioners to serve two-year terms that expire on August 31 of alternating years. A member may serve a maximum of two terms.
On August 19, the following Medical Advisory Committee appointments were approved:
· David L. Gude, M.D., San Antonio — Committee Chair and Medical Doctor (Primary)
· Barbara A. Wilson, M.D., Amarillo — Medical Doctor (Alternate)
· Darin Deaton, Roanoke — Physical Therapist (Primary)
· Robert E. Vaughn, Grapevine – Physical Therapist (Alternate)
· Rosemary Gammon, Plano – Medical Equipment Supplier (Primary)
· Thomas P. Hughes, Austin – Medical Equipment Supplier (Alternate)
· Barbara J. Robinson, Austin – Employee (Primary)
· Marsie L. DeOliveira, Austin – General Public (Primary)
For more information on the TWCC Medical Review Division, visit the Commission’s web site at: www.twcc.state.tx.us under “About the Commission.”
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.