Wynn Resorts on Tuesday said hackers had obtained employee data and that the company was investigating the breach.
Michael Weaver, Wynn’s chief communications officer, said in an email Tuesday that the company learned that “an unauthorized third party acquired certain employee data,” and that the company launched an investigation and brought in external cybersecurity experts.
Related: Odido Telecom Says Customer Data Compromised in Cyberattack
“The unauthorized third party has stated that the stolen data has been deleted,” Weaver said. “We are monitoring and to date have not seen any evidence that the data has been published or otherwise misused.”
Weaver said the incident “has had no impact on our guest experience, our operations or our physical properties, which are all fully operational and open for business.”
Related: Singapore Says Cyber Espionage Group Targeted Telco Infrastructure
Weaver did not answer questions about the number of people whose data was stolen, or if the company paid any money to the hackers.
A representative of the hacking group told Reuters in an online chat Friday they were demanding 22.34 bitcoin, worth roughly $1.5 million. The representative for the group would not comment on any payment on Tuesday, but also said the data had been deleted.
(Reporting by Vicens in Detroit; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Half of Pilots Killed in US Accidents Tested Positive for Drugs
Iran Starts Bitcoin-Backed Ship Insurance for Hormuz Strait
Verisk Report Shows Drop in US Reconstruction Costs in 2Q
OpenAI Floats Idea of Global AI Governance Body With US, China