For the fourth year in a row, carrier executives identified the U.S healthcare environment as their top concern for 2018, according to a just released National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) survey od carrier executives.
The annual Carrier Executive Pulse is a survey of senior carrier executives that identifies key industry issues which are “top of mind” for workers’ compensation insurers.
“The results of our Carrier Executive Pulse help us focus our research and analytical efforts in the year to come on the issues that matter most,” said NCCI President and CEO Bill Donnell. “In 2018, NCCI will focus more than ever on providing stakeholders the information and key insights they need to navigate through the complex workers compensation environment.”
The following is the complete list of top challenges that carriers identified for 2018:
- Rising costs, advances and uncertainty in healthcare.
- Political, regulatory, legislative, and legal environment.
- Maintaining profitability both today and tomorrow.
- The changing workplace and workforce.
- The future of the workers’ compensation industry.
- Opioid abuse and medical marijuana.
NCCI conducted the annual survey in September 2017, polling the most senior executives at more than 100 carrier companies across the United States.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.