The PLRB is launching a new series of webinars based on hot topics from the national conference. The first webinar will be broadcast this week.
Property adjusters routinely settle claims that evolve from covered fire losses. Developing a strategy to properly investigate a fire loss is crucial to the successful resolution of those claims. Two recognized experts in the field of fire investigations are Douglas Wood, JD, a partner at Morris Polich & Purdy, LLP, and Ulises Castleton, CPCU, director of operations at Fire Cause Analysis. They will present the first webinar, “Fire Loss Investigation Strategies” on Thursday, April 10 at 11 am Central time.
The webinar is designed to provide thoughtful understanding among claims professionals to provide some tools and perspective to cost effectively utilize experts in the context of the overall claim resolution goals.
Those who attend the webinar will be able to:
- Identify the core elements crucial to successful resolution of fire cases;
- Challenge fire experts’ methodology and credentials by focusing the discussion on the evidence;
- Evaluate various challenges in fire investigation methodologies; and
- Describe practical tips to effectively manage difficult fire claim issues.
Registration for the “Fire Loss Investigation Strategies” webinar on April 10 is available online on the PLRB website home page.
Other webinars to be offered this spring and summer include:
- “Negotiations with Aggressive Contractors,” with Michael Barrett, Engle Martin and Associates, and Richard Gable, law firm of Butler Pappas on May 8;
- “Eye Witness Testimony and Its Impact on Adjustments,” with Dr. David Curry, Human Performance Sciences and Technology on June 12; and
- “Cyber Liability and Data Breaches: Exposures and Coverage,” with Anthony Zelle, law firm of Zelle, McDonnough, and Cohen, and Aaron Latto, Great American Insurance on July 10.
All PLRB webinars are offered at no-charge to the employees of PLRB member insurance companies and PLRB Affiliate companies.
The Property & Liability Resource Bureau is a not-for-profit association of property and casualty insurance companies. It is located in Downers Grove, Illinois.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.