“Taking the Lead in Property Loss Reduction” is the theme of the Institute for Business & Home Safety’s 2003 Annual Congress on Natural Hazard Loss Reduction. The event will be held Nov. 12-13, at the Coronado Springs Hotel at Walt Disney World in Orlando.
This year’s Congress will bring together insurance industry leaders and prominent public safety organizations that work to keep homes and businesses safe from disasters.
Sessions and speakers include:
- “Property Casualty Rating Criteria and the Importance of Loss Mitigation” by Andrew Colannino, Assistant V.P., Property Casualty Division, A.M. Best Co.
- “Trends and Challenges in Property Insurance Business Today,” with Robert Hartwig of the Insurance Information Institute
- “The Claims Side of Recent Losses and Future Concerns” with Gary Kerney of Property Claim Services
- “An Analysis of Loss Reduction Benefits to Building Code Improvements” with Michael Young of Applied Research Associates
- “The Small Business Owner and Disaster Preparedness” with Jacqueline Meszaros from the University of Washington, Bothell
The registration fee for IBHS members is $150, associate members and partners $200, and all others $250.
For more information on the IBHS Congress and online registration, visit www.ibhs.org or call Charlie Reese at (813) 675-1047.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.