The Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency is reminding veterans in the Detroit area to apply for disaster assistance following last week’s flooding.
The agency said Wednesday the Disabled American Veterans organization will give up to $500 in disaster funds per applicant for losses related to the floods.
It says combat-era veterans and their dependents in the Detroit area could also get assistance through the Michigan Veterans Trust Fund. Applicants need to show they’ll be able to cover future expenses after receiving the grant.
Veterans in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties can apply for assistance.
Gov. Rick Snyder issued a state disaster declaration on Aug. 13 because of the flooding.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Half of Pilots Killed in US Accidents Tested Positive for Drugs
Snap, YouTube Settle School-Social Media Suit Ahead of Trial
Wall Street Watchdogs Pause Some Cyber Exams After Mythos Shock
34,000 PG&E Customers Without Power on California Fire Risk