Pilot, Passengers Injured at Maine Balloon Fest

August 23, 2011

The pilot of a hot air balloon and his passengers were burned when propane ignited as he was changing a fuel line upon lift off at the Great Falls Balloon Festival in Lewiston.

Festival organizers said a small amount of propane leaked and ignited when it came in contact Saturday with the burner.

WCSH television station in Portland reported that pilot Andre Boucher suffered second-degree burns to his legs, arms and face. Boucher was taken to a hospital.

The injured passengers were either treated at the scene by medics or taken to a hospital.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.