Vermont Officials Seek Flood Damage Reports

June 10, 2011

United Way officials in Vermont say they want to collect information to help make the case to the federal government that the state should be eligible for individual assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency due to recent flooding and storm damage.

The United Way say is asking that anyone who has flood or storm damage should call 2-1-1 and report it, even if they have insurance or question their eligibility.

MaryEllen Mendl, director of the 2-1-1 program, says the program is trying to collect as many flood and storm damage reports as possible to help make the state’s case that individual property owners should be eligible for assistance and not just government agencies and businesses.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.