Vermont Convenience Store Destroyed by Fire

March 4, 2011

Fire officials in Vermont say a faulty furnace may be to blame for a fire that completely destroyed a convenience store in Hinesburg.

The blaze broke out around 1 a.m. Thursday at the Jiffy Mart on Ballards Corner Road.

Police say a burglar alarm alerted them to the fire.

By the time firefighters arrived, flames were shooting through the roof.

WCAX-TV says nearly 80 firefighters from five departments needed almost two hours to get the fire under control.

There were no injuries.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.