Propane Suspected in Fire at Fair in Virginia, 2 injured

August 31, 2010

Fire officials say a propane leak is the suspected cause of a fire that injured two workers at a food stand at the Shenandoah County Fair in Virginia

Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue spokesman John Collins says the fire occurred around 2 p.m. Sunday as the workers were preparing to open the Fried Frenzy booth.

Collins says both workers suffered burns. They were taken to the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville.

The victims’ names and conditions weren’t immediately available.

Shenandoah County Fire Marshal David Ferguson says a leaking 100-pound propane cylinder was contained and later removed from the fairgrounds.

The fire remains under investigation.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.