Delaware Fire Causes $150K in Damage

May 27, 2010

The Delaware Fire Marshal’s Office says a lit candle is to blame for a fire that destroyed a home in Ocean View.

The blaze started around 8:30 a.m. Monday at a home on Atlantic Avenue and firefighters found heavy fire showing when they arrived.

Ocean View Police Chief Ken McLaughlin says a mother and child escaped unharmed and the father was transported to Beebe Medical Center, where he was treated for minor smoke inhalation.

Damages have been estimated at approximately $150,000.

Investigators say the fire was caused by a lit candle that ignited combustible materials.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.