Connecticut Explosion Injures One

April 2, 2010

A dispatcher says firefighters believe a propane leak sparked a reported explosion at a New Milford business that injured one person.

The dispatcher says it appears the victim pushed a button to open a garage door Thursday morning, and that action ignited propane that had leaked from a tank of a forklift parked inside.

The person suffered burns and was taken to Danbury Hospital. The victim’s name and medical condition weren’t released.

The building off Route 7 caught fire, and firefighters are trying to put it out. The name of the business hasn’t been released.

Authorities say reports of an explosion were called in shortly before 8 a.m. Thursday.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.