Electrical Problem Likely Caused Blaze That Killed Two Children

January 4, 2008

A Baltimore Fire Department report says a house fire that killed two children last month in the city’s Roland Park neighborhood was probably caused by an electrical problem.

The investigation found that the pre-dawn fire Dec. 6 began in a music room on the first floor of the brick home in the 200 block of Ridgewood Road. The fire spread to the second floor and portions of the roof above the third floor.

A fire investigator concluded that the electrical problem was in the house’s wiring or in an appliance. It’s not clear if the smoke detectors were working.

Eleven-year-old Mary Young died soon after the blaze. Her 16-year-old brother Matthew died two days later.
Their father, Stephen Young, remains hospitalized.

Source: The (Baltimore) Sun

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.