The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), at the request of the state, has amended the major disaster declaration for New York to include Public Assistance for Niagara County.
The designation means that local governments and state agencies in Niagara County are eligible to apply for federal assistance for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and repairing, restoring or replacing damaged public facilities. Disaster assistance also may be provided to certain private non-profit organizations that operate and maintain educational, utility, emergency, medical, custodial care and other essential government facilities.
FEMA will reimburse eligible applicants 75 percent of their actual eligible costs for these projects. The remaining 25 percent is cost-shared between the state of New York and each individual applicant, according to state law.
A Public Assistance briefing, in conjunction with New York State Emergency Management Office, will be held to explain the application process to state and local government officials and certain private non-profit organizations. State and federal officials will be available at the briefings to provide information and answer questions about the Public Assistance Program.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.