Industry “think tank” focuses on new underwriting and distribution concepts.
Property and Casualty insurance underwriting and distribution are changing dramatically. On September 14 and 15 MarketScout will host over 400 industry leaders at the fourth annual Entrepreneurial Insurance Symposium.
According to Richard Kerr, founder and CEO of MarketScout, “We founded the Entrepreneurial Insurance Symposium because there was no forum to promote innovation and creativity in the insurance industry. The event is high energy with a focus on fostering new, creative ideas.”
To maintain market share, underwriters, retail agents and intermediaries must implement new concepts. Clearly, those who understand the new ways of doing business will be big winners.
Prior attendees describe the symposium as the only true insurance industry “think tank” with a focus on new concepts, ideas and innovation. Speakers will profile new initiatives and innovative methods their firms are using to position themselves for growth.
2010 Entrepreneurial Insurance Speakers
- Louis Caltavuturo, Partner at Hales & Company
- Robert Courtemanche, CEO of ACE Private Risk Services
- Lance J. Ewing, Vice President of National Accounts for Chartis
- Rod Fox, CEO of Tiger Risk Partners
- Henry Good, Risk Management Consultant for Wells Fargo
- William Hartnett, GM of Insurance, U.S. Financial Services Industry at Microsoft
- Kevin Kelley, CEO of Ironshore
- Richard Kerr, CEO of MarketScout
- John Kraska, Managing Partner at Hales & Company
- Dane Leavitt, Chairman and CEO of The Leavitt Group
- Clyde Owen, GM at LexisNexis
- Robert Purdy, Senior VP for Workers’ Compensation at ACE USA
- Pat Ryan, Chairman and CEO of Ryan Specialty Group
- Jack Sennott, Jr., Executive VP & Chief Strategy Officer for AWAC
- Frank Sentner, Director of Strategic Technology at CIAB.
Attendees will enjoy a networking mall, cocktail receptions, luncheons and dinners that foster an exceptional opportunity to meet other forward-thinking executives. This gathering is not for those supporting the status quo; rather, the focus is upon change itself and how to capitalize new opportunities created over the course of the last year.
Vendors offering expertise and entrepreneurial solutions will be on hand to share innovative techniques that will enable insurance companies, intermediaries and retail agencies to increase efficiency, provide improved service to clients, and enhance their bottom line profits.
MarketScout is a Dallas, Texas-based electronic insurance exchange, which underwrites and distributes hundreds of product lines to its 35,000-member agency network across the United States. Over 50 “A” rated carriers participate in the MarketScout exchange platform at www.marketscout.com. MarketScout believes business produced via their insurance exchange is 7% to 8% more profitable than business generated by the typical marketplace.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.