9 Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak in Provo Homes

January 13, 2015

Authorities say nine people were taken to the hospital over the weekend after a carbon monoxide leak in a Provo, Utah, fourplex.

Provo fire officials were called to The Boulders at about 2:30 p.m. Sunday when people in the apartments complained of headaches.

The Daily Herald reports six victims were residents, while three were people who were visiting.

Provo Deputy Fire Chief Tom Augustus tells the newspaper that two people had such high carbon monoxide levels in their blood that they would probably need to go into a hyperbaric chamber.

Augustus says gas company Questar came to the scene and was trying to determine the cause of the leak.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.