The Washington State Patrol says that a truck driver who was involved in last year’s Interstate 5 bridge collapse north of Seattle received a ticket for negligent driving earlier this year for the May 2013 accident that sent two cars into the river.

In a final report released Monday, detectives from the patrol said that William Scott, who was driving the truck with the tall load for Mullen Trucking, was permitted to carry a load of no higher than 15-feet nine inches. After the collapse, his truck was measured at 15-feet 11 inches. That detail was previously made public during a National Transportation Safety Board investigation.
Patrol spokesman Bob Calkins said that the state’s report on the incident was completed last week, but that Scott was issued the ticket in May. The infraction carries a fine of $550.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.

NTSB Says UPS Didn’t Act After 2011 Boeing Letter on Defect
Verisk, insured.io, Omni and TruVideo Rolling out New Tech
Tackling The Growing Threat of Legal System Abuse
CommScope Sued by Lenders for at Least $150 Million Over Alleged Breach