Portable Heaters Overload Wiring, Spark Washington Fire

January 15, 2013

Portable electric heaters overloaded the wiring in a Camas, Wash., home, sparking a fire that damaged the residence.

The Camas/Washougal Fire Department says in a release that firefighters found four people already outside the home when they arrived on scene early Saturday.

The occupants ranged from 2 years old to 24.

A fire marshal found the home had no primary heat source. The residents were relying on plugged-in portable heaters.

The heaters overloaded the house’s wiring, which failed and started the fire.

Damage to the rental home was estimated to be about $10,000.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.