3 Oregon Workers Rushed to Hospitals

July 20, 2012

A fire district spokesman says three construction workers in the south Portland, Ore., suburb of Milwaukie were taken to area hospitals after showing symptoms of possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Clackamas Fire District 1 spokesman Brandon Paxton says they were reportedly using a gas-powered circular saw in a walled-off pit Wednesday afternoon when co-workers reported they were acting oddly. A supervisor had the workers leave the pit and called 911.

The Oregonian reports the three are employees of McDonald Excavating Inc. Paxton says the crew was installing pipe under rail tracks as part of the Milwaukie to Portland light rail project.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can cause sudden sickness and even death. Symptoms include headache, dizziness, nausea and confusion.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.