Montana Straw Bale Maze Repaired After Fire

October 31, 2011

The owner of a Bozeman, Mont., straw bale maze that caught fire and burned down says a smaller version of the maze will open Saturday.

Dale Mandeville tells the Bozeman Daily Chronicle that he and others salvaged up to a third of the bales after the fire on Friday and worked all night to build what he describes as a “no left turns” maze.

Mandeville says he thinks the fire was sparked by an extension cord he installed to power a nearby motion sensor light that was meant to deter vandals. The health department in Bozeman issued a warning due to smoky air on the day of the fire.

Mandeville says the maze will be open to the public from noon to 8:30 p.m. with an admission price of $4.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.