Circuit Breaker Blamed for Arizona Restaurant Fire

August 25, 2011

A fire that destroyed a landmark bar and restaurant south of Hoover Dam has been traced to a faulty circuit breaker.

Golden Valley fire marshal Randy Osborn said Tuesday that the blaze at Rosie’s Den started in the basement and quickly devoured the 1930s building. He says the basement had its original wood walls, which helped hold in the heat, allowing the fire to burn even hotter.

Restaurant owner Rose Larsen says she didn’t have fire insurance. She says volunteers have been helping clear the rubble, and donating money and time to help her rebuild.

A passerby reported the fire at the restaurant along U.S. 93 early Friday morning.

Osborn says it had no chance of survival. The restaurant is outside of any fire district.

The adjacent gift shop was untouched.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.