Incense Starts Oregon Apartment Fire

June 28, 2011

Forest Grove firefighters say a smoky apartment fire Sunday night was started by incense.

A woman moving out of the apartment said she lit incense and put it on a windowsill and left the room.

Firefighters say the incense ignited curtains which dropped to the floor and set cardboard boxes and a mattress on fire.

The occupant suffered minor smoke inhalation. Other residents were evacuated while firefighters cleared the building of smoke.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.