Oregon Newspaper Carrier Saves House from Fire

June 3, 2011

A newspaper carrier and his son in Eugene helped save a house from burning when they spotted smoke on their morning delivery rounds.

The Register-Guard reports that Brian Richcreek and his 14-year-old son saw smoke pouring from the chimney and attic vents at the home of Jack and Linda Wormdahl last Sunday.

Richcreek immediately called 911, and firefighters arrived minutes later to quickly extinguish a fire that had sparked in a bedroom.

A faulty power strip was blamed for the blaze – which caused heat and smoke damage to the home’s interior.

The Wormdahls were on an overnight trip to the Oregon Coast at the time, but Jack Wormdahl said Richcreek probably saved the home from being destroyed.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.