A Northern California company has voluntarily recalled products sold at supermarkets across the West because they could contain contaminated broccoli.
Tracy-based Taylor Farms Pacific announced the recall after a random test by agricultural officials came up positive for the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes.
Listeria monocytogenes can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
The broccoli is in cooked and fresh products with expiration dates from Feb. 7, 2011, to March 7, 2011. The products were distributed in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington. They were sold at Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Pak N’ Save stores.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the broccoli.
The products are:
- TFarms, Snack Pot Penne Alfredo 8/10.75 oz Tray
- Raley’s, Asian Pasta Toss 1/12 oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 4/23 oz Tray
- Raley’s, Yellow Curry Chicken Rice Bowl 17 oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 1/23 oz Tray
- Raley’s, Veggie Blend 4/12 oz
- Raley’s, Cheese Stuffed Shells W/Rustica Tomatoes Sauce 14 oz
- TFarms, Snack Pot Pasta Primavera 8/12 oz Tray
- Raley’s, Grilled Chicken Breast W/Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 14 oz
- Raley’s, Vegetable 1/3(hash) Tray
- Raley’s, Broccoli Rice & Cheese 16 oz Tray
- Raley’s, Vegetable & Dip Pre-made Impulse 1/28 oz Tray
- Raley’s, Udon Pork Noodle Bowl 17 oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 4/34 oz
- Raley’s, Udon Chicken Noodle Bowl 17 oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 1/34 oz
- Raley’s, Family Grilled Chicken Penne Alfredo 37.5 oz Tray
- Raley’s Vegetable Catering Kit
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.