Fire Lights up Wyoming Fireworks Store

August 29, 2008

Arson investigators are probing the cause of a fire that destroyed an Evanston fireworks store.

Uinta County Fire District Chief Don Bodine says the fire broke out early Wednesday morning. It destroyed the Jolly Jacs building and an adjacent semi-trailer that was used to store fireworks.

There were no injuries.

Fire officials say they don’t have an estimate of the damages, though the building was stocked with fireworks.

Bodine says it looked like the fire started at a front window, which appeared to be broken out. He says firefighters formed a perimeter around the engulfed building and waited for the fire to die down because fireworks were “going off everywhere.”

Says Bodine, “I don’t mean to make light of the fact that (the owners) had a total loss of their business, but it was a pretty spectacular fireworks show.”

Source: Casper Star-Tribune – Casper.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.