California-based Verity Inc., a provider of enterprise software that enables organizations to reportedly maximize the return on their intellectual capital investment, announced the availability of Verity MediClaim 9.0, the latest version of the medical claims
processing content capture solution.
Verity MediClaim solution automates the processing of forms and documents, reportedly improving medical claims’ throughput and productivity rates. Kaiser Permanente, UFCW Trust Funds, Blue
Cross Blue Shield of Hawaii, and State of North Dakota are some of the clients who have standardized on Verity’s MediClaim technology.
To better meet evolving customer strategies for deployment, and to make Verity MediClaim more flexible and customizable for application integration and scalability, the company has incorporated broad extensibility through Microsoft VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), tight integration with Microsoft SQL Server, and enhanced security capabilities in this new version.
The new Verity MediClaim release includes enhancements that will reportedly allow the software to be distributed more efficiently across the enterprise, integrating with enterprise-level business applications more easily, securely, reliably and with better alpha-numeric and image recognition performance.
The key improvements are:
* Integration with Microsoft SQL Server to let customers better utilize
existing infrastructure to expand business applications and take advantage of the database’s capabilities such as transactional rollback
support and real-time replication and backup;
* Support of Microsoft VBA to facilitate easy customization of application-specific business rules while permitting enhanced script
editing and debugging capabilities done within the familiar development interface of Visual Basic for Applications;
* Significant Security Enhancements that include expanded Microsoft LDAP support, password-protected PDF file exports, simplified integration with Single Sign On (SSO) solutions and strengthened protection for file transfers to ensure that sensitive document and batch data are not exposed to unauthorized users;
* Lower Total Cost of Ownership through enhanced manageability and high availability capabilities through MediClaim’s modules for Reader and AutoMerge Publisher that can now be handled as Windows services;
* Services-based implementation allows for centralized system management and reporting by IT. Integrated alerts automatically provide notification of process bottlenecks or throughput issues;
* Breakthrough in Recognition Accuracy and Throughput from higher
performing RecoFlex multi-engine recognition technology that delivers
clear improvements to hand-print (ICR), machine-print (OCR), check box (OMR), barcode, image pre-processing and lexical checking as well as fewer false positives and even fewer characters requiring review in the MediClaim Verifier;
* Enhanced RecoFlex compared to 8.2, MediClaim’s last version release, delivers more than a 50% reduction in the number of operators that customers need to process the same amount of work.
For more information, contact Verity at firstname.lastname@example.org or at World Wide Web site http://www.verity.com .
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.