A central Florida home is unliveable after a lightning strike left a gaping hole in the living room ceiling.
Ocala Fire Rescue officials said lightning struck the home Saturday night and sparked a small fire in the attic. The homeowner was not home when the fire started. Firefighters broke into the home and put out the blaze.
Inside, they discovered a huge hole in the ceiling. Power to the home has been disconnected.
The Ocala Star Banner reports Marion County was hit with high winds and heavy rains that toppled trees and downed power lines Saturday.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.