A southern Kentucky couple claims in a lawsuit against Kraft Foods that the husband ingested a metal fragment when he ate Velveeta Shells and Cheese.
The suit says Leamon Perkins of Pine Knot suffered a perforated bowel after eating the metal and required surgery.
The suit, which was filed this month and asks for $6.5 million, says Perkins underwent surgery on Sept. 29, the day before Kraft recalled the microwavable product saying it could contain tiny metal pieces.
Kraft spokeswoman Lynne Galia told the Lexington Herald-Leader on Monday that the company hadn’t confirmed any cases of wire bristles in the recalled product.
She said the company has not investigated the claims in the Kentucky lawsuit.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.