A Haitian-born waiter at the Ritz-Carlton in Naples, Florida is suing the hotel and one of its managers for allegedly accommodating a family who requested they not be helped by minorities or staff with accents.
Lawyers for 40-year-old Wadner Tranchant filed the lawsuit in Florida’s Middle District of U.S. Court in Fort Myers
Tranchant, a U.S. citizen, says supervisors prevented him from serving the family during their lengthy stay last month. He is seeking damages exceeding $75,000, and claims the hotel’s compliance with the request created a hostile and abusive work environment.
A spokesman says the family isn’t welcome to return, and the hotel has policies preventing discrimination and harassment.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Wall Street Watchdogs Pause Some Cyber Exams After Mythos Shock
Airbus, Air France Found Guilty in 2009 Rio-Paris Crash
Trump Set to Sign AI Cybersecurity Directive as Soon as Thursday
Snap, YouTube Settle School-Social Media Suit Ahead of Trial