The son of former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani now has the backing of Duke lacrosse athletes in his lawsuit against the university.
Andrew Giuliani sued Duke in July 2008, saying the school broke a contract with him when it dismissed him from the golf team. The News & Observer in Raleigh reported Saturday that members of Duke’s 2006 lacrosse team filed a friend-of-the-court brief on Giuliani’s behalf.
Last month, a federal magistrate recommended Giuliani’s lawsuit be dismissed. Giuliani’s attorney, Robert Ekstrand, opposes the magistrate’s recommendation.
The younger Giuliani claimed that Duke’s golf coach manufactured accusations against him to justify kicking him off the team in 2008, when he was a junior. He’s seeking an unspecified amount of damages.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
‘Chronic’ Heat Risk in Europe Draws Warning From Swiss Re
Shein Loses UK Suit Against Temu Over Copyright Allegations
USDA Says Argentine Beef That Missed Inspection Is Recalled
Crypto Firm Trezor Says Data Breach Exposed Thousands of Clients