Retired UGA Art Professor Dies in House Fire

August 27, 2008

Athens-Clarke County fire officials said a retired University of Georgia art professor died in a house fire.

Authorities said 66-year-old William “Bill” Marriott was discovered in his home by firefighters. Investigators said Mariott likely died from smoke and soot inhalation.

The fire was reported at about 4:30 a.m. and was ruled an accident.

Investigators have not determined how it started.

Source: Athens Banner-Herald.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.