Improper Use of Extension Cords Seen as Cause of Ala. Fire

February 26, 2004

Acting State Fire Marshal Richard Montgomery said Wednesday that the improper use of extension cords as permanent wiring was the cause of a fire that destroyed three buildings Monday in McKenzie, Alabama.

A hardware store, a grocery and a vacant building were destroyed in the early morning fire. No financial amount of the damaged properties has been released.

The Alabama State Fire Marshals Office coordinated with the McKenzie Police Deparment and the McKenzie Volunteer Fire Department in the investigation.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.