Ala. Resident Dies in Fire, No Smoke Detectors in House

December 9, 2003

Anniston, Alabama resident Bruce Cooper, 79, died Sunday morning during a fire at his home. Investigators say there were no smoke detectors installed in the home at the time of the fire.

The fire was discovered by a neighbor around 4:15 a.m. when the neighbor went out to his car. The neighbor reportedly saw a glow and had his daughter call 911 while he ran to the scene.

The Anniston Fire Department responded to the one story wood frame dwelling located at 1100 Crawford Avenue.

Investigators with the Anniston Fire Department and Alabama State Fire Marshals Office say the fire and death remain under investigation. No amount of damages to the home has yet been released.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.