Ala. Resident Dies in Fire, No Smoke Alarm Found in Home

November 20, 2003

An Albertville, Alabama man was killed Nov. 16 during a fire at his residence. No one else was injured in the fire.

Marcelo Lopez, 18, died around 10:30 p.m. when fire damaged his one story wood frame home at 119 First Street. No one else was at the home at the time of the fire and no smoke detectors were found during the investigation.

Investigators with the Albertville Fire and Police Departments and the Alabama State Fire Marshals Office say the fire remains under investigation and total amounts of the damage have not yet been released.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.