Ala. Fire Ruled Accidental Due to Wiring Problem

November 11, 2003

A late afternoon fire at Catfish Cabin this past Sunday in Millbrook, Ala., has reportedly been traced back to electrical wiring in the southwest corner of the attic.

Investigators with the Millbrook Fire Department and the Alabama State Fire Marshals Office say the fire involved wiring to a dusk-to-dawn light located at the corner of the building.

Security cameras at the building reportedly show vehicles pulling into the restaurant driveway and pulling away approximately 20 minutes before the first call was received by the fire department. Smoke was visible in the driveway as the cars were arriving and leaving.

Multiple fire departments from Elmore, Autauga, and Montgomery County responded to the scene to assist the Millbrook Fire Department.

No amount of damages has yet been released.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.