A 22-year-old Oklahoma woman who reportedly contracted salmonella after eating at Taco Bell has sued the fast-food company, seeking more than $75,000 in damages.
Leah Smith claims she became sick while attending a University of Oklahoma football game last fall, two days after she ate at a Taco Bell in Norman. She says she was sick for two weeks.
The Centers for Disease Control said last month that 68 people – including 16 people in Oklahoma – were infected with salmonella after eating at a “Mexican-style fast-food restaurant chain.”
Taco Bell didn’t immediately return a phone call or email seeking comment Tuesday. In a statement issued after the CDC report, Taco Bell said it was reviewing procedures with its suppliers and that it takes food quality and safety very seriously.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.